Our team of grief counselors, social workers and trained volunteers support people of all ages who are grieving a loss. They help families of those we have cared for, parents expecting a pregnancy, baby or child loss, and people who have had someone die unexpectedly or from any other circumstance.
You are not alone. We are here to guide individuals through the grieving process so they may live a fulfilled and healthy life.
- Home visits from specialists
- One-on-one in-person counseling
- Support by phone
- Various support groups
- Kids Camps
- Educational training
Current Grief Support (Dates/Times are location specific):
- Let’s Talk About Grief
- Is an educational 12-week ‘closed’ support group for newly bereaved aged 18 and over.
- Let’s Talk About Grief for Kids
- Is an educational group for children aged 5-13.
- This educational group is for teens 14-17.
- Miracles Remembered
- This group is for male and female individuals who have had the loss of pregnancy or child up to 12 years of age with the focus to Find Meaning.
- New Chapter
- It is designed to aid individuals whose loss is greater than 8 months past and focuses on self-identity and purpose.
- On My Own (Pueblo Only)
- This group meets the first Friday of the month for cooking, an activity, and laughter. There is a fee to participate.
- 1:1 Grief Support
- Sangre has Bereavement Coordinators who are certified grief educators and specialize in grief and loss through an educational and supportive approach.
- Good Grief! Kid’s Camp
- A one-day kids’ camp in the summer.
- Holiday Grief Support: November 16, 2022, to January 4, 2023.
- There is a limit of 12 participants.
In-person groups will meet at the Sangre de Cristo Community Care office in your community. All groups are currently meeting in-person and online and require registration. To sign up for group sessions, please visit our events page https://www.sangre.org/events/.