Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care bills directly to Medicare, Medicaid, and/or private insurance. Your insurance usually covers 100 percent of all aspects of hospice care including medications, care visits, supplies, and equipment related to the illness.
Medicare Hospice Care Part A will pay for:
Services Related to the Diagnosed Illness:
- Doctor and nursing care
- Drugs for pain management
- Counseling services for patient and family
- 13-months of grief care for family
Medical Supplies Related to the Diagnosed Illness:
- Hospital beds and routine mattress changes
- Canes, crutches, and walkers
- Shower/bath chairs
- Bedside commodes
- Catheters, syringes, dressings, and latex gloves
- Incontinence supplies
Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative care is a non-profit organization committed to serving the needs of the community. If a patient does not have health insurance coverage, we will provide services based on need, regardless of one’s ability to pay.