Volunteers are the heart and inspiration of our mission. As a Sangre de Cristo Hospice & Palliative Care volunteer, you help support many people and their families in our communities live to the fullest with comfort and healing.
Whether you want to support those we care for and their loved ones, assist in our offices, or lend a hand in another essential role, we know you will find a rewarding experience with our volunteer family. Volunteer opportunities are available for adults, high school teens ages 14-18, and community groups at many times and locations. Join us today.
- Direct Patient Care — Provides a range of companionship and support to patients and caregivers at the bedside.
- Veterans Serving Veterans — No one understands the unique needs of our veterans better than active or retired military personnel.
- Administrative/Office Support – Supports the important office operations of the program.
- Spiritual Support – Engages patients in familiar activities that provide spiritual comfort.
- Memory Bears – Create a personalized stuffed bear from a loved one’s clothing for the family to cherish.
- Pet Peace of Mind – Support given to patients who have pets with needs.
- Complementary Therapies – Part of a program that provides comfort and care to patients and caregivers, including touch therapy and music therapy.
- The Estate Store — With the exception of a single paid store manager, the entire staff of our upscale boutique gives their time on a volunteer basis.
Sign Up Now
To become a volunteer, you must be available to participate in initial hospice volunteer training as well as basic orientation. Additional patient and family support training and special roles training are available. When you’re ready to make a commitment to caring for others, we would love to hear from you. Volunteer selection begins with an application and interview in which potential volunteers may express their personal goals, availability, interests, and talents. Of course, our volunteers are carefully screened through a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and personal references.
For more information on our volunteer opportunities click here to fill out our information request form or call volunteer services at 719-542-0032.