Volunteers are the heart and inspiration of our mission. As a Sangre volunteer, you help support many people and their families in our communities live to the fullest with comfort and healing.
Whether you want to support those we care for and their loved ones, assist in our offices, or lend a hand in another essential role, we know you will find a rewarding experience with our volunteer family. Many opportunities are available for adults, high school teens ages 14-18, and community groups at many times and locations. Join us today.
- Direct Patient Care — Provides a range of companionship and support to patients and caregivers at the bedside.
- Veterans Serving Veterans — No one understands the unique needs of our veterans better than active or retired military personnel.
- Administrative/Office Support – Supports the important office operations of the program.
- Spiritual Support – Engages patients in familiar activities that provide spiritual comfort.
- Memory Bears – Create a personalized stuffed bear from a loved one’s clothing for the family to cherish.
- Complementary Therapies – Part of a program that provides comfort and care to patients and caregivers, including gentle touch with essential oils and musical companioning.
- Activities of Life Enrichment – Provide support and comfort in an indirect and alternative manner, through the creation of blankets, quilts and other meaningful contributions toward the quality of life of others.
- Bereavement Companion – Assists our bereavement team in connecting patients/family members with appropriate resources.
Please listen to a brief interview from the Trinidad Office about becoming a volunteer for Sangre de Cristo Community Care:
Sign Up Now!
To become a volunteer, you must be available to participate in initial Sangre volunteer training as well as basic orientation. Additional volunteer trainings are available if needed. Volunteer selection begins with an application and interview in which potential volunteers may express their personal goals, availability, interests, and talents. Of course, our volunteers are carefully screened through a criminal background check, motor vehicle report, and personal references.